The AMN has been established to help coordinate additive manufacturing research activities at ICL. The network aims to:
- Provide strategic direction and a unified front for AM-based research
- Act as a focal point for exchange of expertise and resources
- Link external parties, research labs, government agencies and industry to ICL academic activities
- Create an interdepartmental and collaborative network on AM, with the view to facilitate research seminars and access to AM-based facilities
- Organise academic-industry workshops to solve impending challenges
- Co-ordinate with industry to exploit new Intellectual Property
The network will hold an official launch on the 5th September 2016, open to anyone interested in learning more. The launch will be a one day event looking at the current state and future of additive manufacturing, with the presentation of the network’s first white paper. The speaker line up is attached.
You can find out more about AMN, their activities and events through their website.